Wednesday, July 23, 2014

OMG WHO AM I

So I am a mom, but until this summer, I have really been mostly a mom, now they don't need me so much. I am still a mom but my littles have grown to become their own self suffiecent people.

Tatyanah, 17, is working full-time this summer and I do not help her get ready, make her lunch or help her schedule it. She goes out with friends and is happy all the time. She is a great kid. But she is still my baby.

Jakob just got his blue book and is working as an electrician and living up north. He did that on his own. He is smart and funny and learning things about life. He is really starting to learn about life and what it has to offer. he will be 19m August 4th, how did that happen? He used to sleep in my room every night forever, now he is in his own house.

Tim is 24. He bought his own house, he is married, he has a great career. He is married to a perfect wife for him. He is my first born and stubborn. He makes me proud that he stands up for what he believes in. 

This was my identity until about 4 years ago. These 3 kids were all I focused on, their happiness, helping them have as many experiences as they could have. 
And I would not change it for ANYTHING.

But life moved at a crazy pace and they are still my babies but with their own lives.

So where did that leave me?

I am also a wife. I married my wife, Amanda, 2 years and 2 days ago. I love her with all I am and am honestly living the dream. We never fight. When something is bothering us, we talk it out. Or get quiet and both cry, then talk it out. We love the same things. She is a spitfire but always calm. She is brilliant and thinks things through. I am a spitfire and will jump into anything. I am usually full of energy and ready to do everything...until 11pm. 


I love paddle boarding and can't seem to get enough. And biking, it is my favourite thing to do. I love anything with water. A few weekends ago while we were camping, we went to the middle of the lake and swam around, I loved it. I love camping. 




I love my job. I run a day home and each of ,my littles is special to me. I miss them so much when they are gone for the summer months, as a matter of fact, every week I have one of them for a visit. Tomorrow I have 3 of them, so much fun!!



I love life.

I guess I am me!




2 comments:

  1. You guys have the perfect family. What an amazing mama you've been to those kids - all so well-accomplished, independent and amazing! How long have you and your wife been together? Besides being married, I mean...Did you have these kids together and just got married 2 years ago? Or did you have the kids with someone else and she came to you later in life?

    Your story gives me hope that I can find my "One", even as a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, I had all 3 when I met Amanda almost 6 years ago. She NEVER wanted children. I came out to her first but I was always attracted to her but we were best friends first and had no idea this is where we would end up. I honestly had zero desire for a relationship. I will email you more ;)

    ReplyDelete